Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign."-- "The Sign", Ace of Base

Signs in Singapore are a riot… The best one is the first one I saw, but I missed the opportunity to take a picture… it was a sign in the metro that talked about how old people should not use escalators… they should use elevators… there were even pictures of people holding on to the elderly while riding escalators… It was friggen hysterical But so are some of these other signs…








I guess I should explain about the durians…. Durians are a fruit… they are considered a delicacy here in SE Asia… However… the Smell of rotting meat… and from what I hear, tastes pretty fowl as well… In general, westerners just don’t like it. But the smell gets into everything… and lingers more or less permanently… so they are unwelcome in most indoor places.

No comments: