Saturday, June 16, 2007

"You should know you're his favorite worst nightmare." -- "D is for Dangerous", Arctic Monkeys

I’m not going to get into too much detail about why I was more or less at the end of my rope with the kids I was hanging out with, but lets just say, differences in personality were becoming obvious at this point. But it was the last night and I really wanted to go out, so we all got spruced up and headed out to the famous Raffles hotel, home of the original Singapore Sling. When we pulled up to the hotel there were tons of people going in dressed in full ball gowns and we were feeling particularly out of place… we had to wander around until we found the right bar… I think it was the long bar… it was covered in peanut shells and really had a colonial feel to it.

Here’s me posing with my own Singapore sling… man are they good, though wicked expensive

Then there’s the girls

And Matt and Holly

After we got back to the hotel, we played some drinking games, as usual, and then headed out to some local bars. Some locals found us incredibly amusing and took us around to bars after hours. Appropriately, there were once again lots of shenanigans, and an early morning trip to McDonalds… which very disappointingly was only serving breakfast, and not the desired cheeseburgers… And that was it…

I stayed in a smoke filled windowless room that night… it’s the night I was attacked by bed bugs… Don’t ever stay at the Royal Peacock of Singapore.

No comments: