Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"At first I was afraid... I was petrified..."- Gloria Gaynor, "I will Survive"

Because they have no friggen road rules or stoplights in this city!

But the main point is, that I'm here in Phnom Penh Cambodia... alive... not quite well but definately alive. The city is big and dirty, but at the same time pretty awesome... I've already ridden in a tuk tuk (cart drawn by motor cycle)... and have made my way to an internet cafe. I'm staying at a pretty cool place, big room, no ac. I had to kneel in the shower so i wouldn't hit my head. I've also already puked.... not a particularly great sign... but thats what i get for consuming far too much air plane food. I have yet to meet my host, but have met other people staying with him, who were pretty awesome and showed me around and what not. Its hotter than all hell, and humid too... won't be wearing my hair down any time soon. Most people have a bit of english and they only take dollars, which works out well. I've already overpaid for a bus ticket to Viet Nam... but that happens. The palace looks really cool... but I think i'm going back to the house to rest and repack for tomorrow, rather than do any tourist stuff... I mean, i'm going to be here 8 weeks, no reason to haul around the city today when i'm tired and not feeling so hot.





Oh and here's one of my first pics... its a mini buddhist shrine/altar... that people keep in their homes, or resturants, or hotels... or shops... basically everywhere...

2 comments:

Bryan said...

you had to duck to take a shower? wow, I'm kind of impressed by that

Anonymous said...

Matt would love that shrine. He loves that stuff. Maybe we should get one...