Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"Leave you feeling Hot Hot Hot"-- The Cure, "Hot, Hot, Hot"

So, I'm skipping a lot that I'll go back to at another point in time to tell you all about Laos. Laos is like the Austria of my SE Asian adventure. A place I don't know a lot about, but absolutely love. Its clean. Its beatiful. And I got the greatest massage ever for $6. We went tubing last night... with a bag of boxed wine. There are little makeshift bars up and down the river w/ zip lines and other various types of bunjee like things to jump into the water with. Tons of fun! Unfortunately, its started storming/getting dark so we ended our trip early, but plan on going at it again in about an hour. Oh, and one of the bars... Only plays the Cure. Awesome! and there were some volleyball courts too. Its rediculously hot out... but for a change, I'm using SPF 30 sunscreen, so I'm not nearly as dark or burned as I normally would be at this point.

My new group is really young. there are about 5 19 year old british girls on their gap year. A dutch girl who is my age. Another American who I get on w/ real well. And 1 British guy and and one Kiwi, who are both in their late 20's. Totally different from the last group. There's lots of drinking, and late nights... and we even went to a night club in the capital. Brits don't dance like Americans... which is pretty funny.

Oh... and I saw a big shiny gold temple... lots of pictures (both Leela and I have a thing for shiny things--- Leela is the other American).

Anywho... I'm alive... only a few bug bites, and gourging myself on mango. But now, its near time to go tubing again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go tubing!

But I was so damn busy getting MARRIED! that I couldn't make it. Everything was wonderful, and I will give you the link to the photog's website when she gives it to me. Love you and you were gravely missed!

Anonymous said...

A Cure bar! That's crazy! Sounds like a place you'd want to move. Glad you're having an awesome time...don't know if I can be as hardcore a commentor as Leslie, haha..but I'll try!